This week we had the pleasure of interviewing Digital Strategic Planner Marwan Ghazi.
- Tell me about yourself.
First of all, thanks for having me. I’m a strategic planner for marketing and advertising. I’m Saudi Arabia born and a Yemen passport holder. I have a BA (Hons) in Multimedia, majoring in Interface Design. And an MA (with excellence) in Communication, majoring in Advertising.
I’ve moved to Malaysia initially for study, but I decided to stay for a while. It’s not necessarily the place I want to be in permanently, I’m career focused and ready to move anywhere where an interesting job offer comes from.
- What exactly does a Digital Strategic Planner do?
In short: I identify what people like and I formulate a campaign based on that in order to sell a product to them.
The way I approach strategic planning is unique. First of, I rely on my 3 pillars: Analytics (research), Insights and Trends.
After that I have created what I call the “Strategy Framework Process” that helps me in creating a full fledged advertising campaign. This Framework is something unique to me and I look forward to develop it further to a software or an online app that I can sell someday.
- Do you accept full-time globally or locally?
I am open to any opportunity anywhere in the world. If anyone thinks I am a valuable fit to their organization, please contact me at my email: firstname.lastname@example.org or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marwanghazi/
- Do you have any tips for someone wanting to become a digital strategic planner?
For sure, let me list them out here:
- There is nothing worng in making mistakes as long as you learn something from them
- Follow the greatest strategists in the world on linkedin, you will learn a lot from what they share.
- Be thick skinned. You will be scrutinized a lot. Don’t ever let anyone let you down.
- Keep a reference of your learning resources. I have mine in my browser’s bookmarks.
- Be open to try anything and everything. Avoid being biased.
- Be observant. Observe how people buy, react, test, attracted to campaigns and product. This should be your thing on daily basis.
Be familiar with analytics software and apps, better to be certified in few of them: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, SPSS, Social media listening tools, and any others.
- What are your hobbies outside work?
I’m keen on portrait photography. I have my own mobile studio to shoot outside. I also like to play and compose music with my bass guitar.
Thanks for the interview, Marwan Ghazi!