I just got done recording TheSpew.fm podcast with Missy Ward, Karen Garcia and special guest Chris Pearson creator of the WordPress Thesis Theme. Follow @TheSpew on Twitter to be notified when the episode is produced and uploaded online to listen!
On the show, we talked about various WordPress Plug-Ins that we recommended. Chris, on the other hand is “anti-plugin” and stated you don’t need plugins if you use the Thesis Theme from DIYThemes (hint, hint). Chris gasped and had to pull the sword from his chest after I said I currently have 36 plugins activated on my shoe blog (obviously I don’t use Thesis Theme…. as of yet anyway…)
I picked 8 of the plug-ins I recommend to highlight…
1. Aggregate – Allows you to place the contents of an RSS feed into your posts, pages &/or sidebar.
2. All in One SEO Pack – Out-of-the-box Search Engine Optimization (I actually forgot to mention this one, but Karen brought it up!)
5. phpBay Lite – Adds eBay auction listings to your posts with just keywords.
7. Subscribe to Comments – Allows readers to receive an email when new comments are posted to an entry. This is the only plugin that Chris recommended!
8. Youtuber – Adds YouTube videos to posts easily.
Other WordPress Plug-Ins we discussed were…
AdRotator – Rotates Ads (duh)
Adsense Deluxe – Inserts ads into posts
Category Visibility – Post only certain categories (Karen recommends this for “hiding” personal stuff from the main category line up)
Linkshare Link Lookup – Shawn Collins reviewed this.
Do you have a favorite plugin for WordPress not listed above? Please leave a comment and tell us!