Freelancers, out of necessity, are probably the most motivated and hardworking people out there. But just like creating your work schedule, you need to make sure you take care of yourself too.
All you need is a little space, at least one set of workout clothes, shoes, and a positive attitude to get back on track towards your fitness goals.
Here is a weight loss plan you can do at home, and some information to make you as effective as possible within your current schedule.
In This Post:
Daily Schedule for a Weight Loss Exercise Plan at Home
Consider your current schedule, and figure out where you can shift things to make time for fitness. It is important to make sure that you are moving several times a day to keep your body healthy and to be as effective at your work as possible.
Here is an example schedule:
- 7-8 AM: Wake-up, make your bed, brew your coffee, have breakfast, get ready for your day.
- 8-9 AM: Walk the kids to school, walk the dog, go for a jog, or pop in a workout DVD. Consider this your “Commute” time.
- 9–10:30 AM: Get to work! Tip: Try to keep your workout gear on so you are more encouraged to move throughout the day.
- 10:30–10:40 AM: Get up and more for 10 minutes. Do a 10-minute workout routine, some jumping jacks or run in place to get your heart rate up.
- 10:40 AM–12:30 PM: Back to work!
- 12:30–1 PM: Make yourself a healthy, nutrient-rich lunch. To save yourself some time, consider meal prepping out for a few days so you can get back to work sooner. Make sure you take at least a 30-minute lunch.
- 1–1:30 PM: Go for a walk to get some fresh air and do some light stretching to avoid the post-lunch slump.
- 1:30-3 PM: Back to work!
- 3-3:10 PM: Get up and stretch. Grab a healthy snack to help you power through the end of the day.
- 3:10-5 PM: Back to work, but set a stop time.
Tips for Success
As with any change to your schedule, there will be some difficulties. Here are a few tips to help keep you on the right track:
- Start your day right! Don’t skip breakfast! Make your commute a 30-minute exercise session. A productive morning will lead to a more productive day.
- Take a stand. If you can, try to get a standing desk or even get a ball chair to keep you more active while you’re working.
- Walk as often as you can. Having a dog can be a great reminder to get outside. Otherwise, try setting a timer to go off every 90-minutes to remind you to move every time it goes off.
- Drink water. Drinking water keeps you fuller longer so you won’t be as tempted to snack.
- Create an evening commute. Sign-up for a class or schedule an outing so you are more excited to end your workday at a specific time. Bonus: Sign up for a workout class!
- Mind Your Pain. If you start to experience pain during this fitness change, try out stretching, yoga, or natural pain relief supplements like CBDfx Oils.
- Beware of the pantry trap. Focus on only buying healthy snacks so you don’t derail yourself with mid-day munchies.
Make Yourself a Priority
You work hard. Taking care of yourself should always be at the top of your list.
Make time for fitness, take vacations, and be as dedicated to your self-care as you are to your job!
Design a weight loss exercise plan that you can stick to at home every day. Consistency is the key to seeing results!