The interview process is two-fold. It does not merely allow the company to decide what you will bring to the table, but it also enables you the splendid opportunity to get a feel for whether you will fit into the organizations cultural and whether your key goals and career ambitions are aligned with the job description.
While an interview can typically represent an intense process, it also a beneficial one that starts by including fundamental value to your career at the time you take the first step of your planning & groundwork.
In This Post:
It Is A Big Step
Coming to the key decision to launch your chosen profession or change the course of your current job path represents a significant step. It is undoubtedly one that should not be taken lightly. Taking the time to carefully plan and adequately prepare is not only about performing better but also goes a long way to developing your confidence.
A good preparation plan starts with research. Knowing what to reasonably expect is the first logical step to knowing how to prepare, A recent article by myconsultingcoach that goes on to highlight and explain all you require to know about the case interview process noted that it is important to remember the interview is not about delivering a right or wrong answer. It is also about your confidence, how you approach the issue and how you put your specific skills to use when it comes to solving the issue. The interview allows you a number of opportunities which include the opportunity to evaluate the firms culture, observe other employees, the environment, the cultural atmosphere and the workspace.
Being Prepared For Anything
While a considerable number of articles will properly guide you through the adequate preparation and practice for the case interview, we have put together a few basic examples of the type of interview questions you can expect and how to answer them. This will assist you in understanding what to expect in terms of interview questions. Taking the time to compile a list of key questions which you can subsequently work toward answering, based on your own experience and practical knowledge will enable you to confidently be prepared for any likely possibility.
Putting together this list during preparation will also enable you to take the time to not only practice how you would answer but also help you develop your communication skills. It is important to practice key elements like keeping eye contact, speaking clearly and answering without hesitation while also not sounding like you are reciting your CV word for word. It is also a really good opportunity for you to highlight your skills and performance through aligning your answers to the current job requirements and description.
Example Of Questions And Answers
Question # 1
What type of employee situation do you observe as being the most thought-provoking and challenging to deal with and how do you choose the approach this issue?
This question will enable the interviewer to get a better understanding and evaluate your experience with regards to the dealing with challenging employees. You can make reference to the types of employee personalities that you find challenging , describe why and how you would resolve the problem.
Tips For Points To Include In Your Answer:
- The personality type: I find that the most challenging personality type to encounter are individuals that performs well, who are unafraid to take a chance and bring value to the table but often questions and challenges authority.
- While their performance is outstanding, they are frequently not a good fit for the cultural environment of the company and have difficulty at adhering to or following instructions. There is an extremely thin line between praise and penalty for this type of performance. In these instances,
- I find that identifying or understanding what drives their behavior behavior is important. I equally would consider reevaluating and redefining their performance objectives to encourage a more cultural performance toward a specific goal or achievement.
Question # 2
As an HR consultant, your position will often find you fulfilling a number of temporary assignment how do you approach adapting from one company culture to the next?
Temporary assignments could find you relocating and having to integrate yourself into a new environment as often as often as every few weeks. . This question will enable the interview to get a feel for your ability to adapt your communication and collaboration skills, evaluate your teamwork skills.
Tips For Points To Include In Your Answser:
- Every well-established company is unique in their organizational culture, unique visions, and values so I typically find that a one size fits all approach is misguiding. It is critical to properly approach each case with a clean slate. I prefer to start with fundamental research that will adequately provide a more thorough understanding of the specific culture to me.
- Utilizing accurate information will enable me to then evaluate and adjust my approach, which will then form the foundation of case framework.
- Enable me to correctly align my communication processes, collaboration skills, and behavior accordingly.
- I also believe that certain core essentials like honesty and transparency continue to continue to be key elements that should be incorporated into every framework, regardless of the culture.