When it comes to social media marketing, there’s no end to the ways to utilize, experiment with, and test various platforms. Whether you’re looking for a job, promoting your work or running social media accounts for clients, social media marketing is the best way to connect with your audience for free. Consider trying out these eight tips to find out if they make a difference in your social media marketing.
1. Use an animated GIF as a “thank you” in Tweets. By thanking users for sharing your content, you could get a follower in return. While images are now commonplace on Twitter, animated GIFs are a bit newer and trendier.
2. Have a bunch of Tweets to schedule? Upload them in bulk to Buffer using BulkBuffer and schedule as many as 150 at once. This will save you a ton of time when compared to adding single posts to Buffer one at a time.
3. Place social share buttons on different areas of your website and blog to figure out where they’re most effective. When a share button isn’t performing well, remove it and try it elsewhere.
4. Tweet evergreen content several times. You can share the same content at least six times, believe it or not! Yes, the more you Tweet the same thing, the less engagement it will get, but performance will still remain above 50 percent. Ultimately, you’ll reach new people every time you post content, even if you’ve posted the same thing before.
5. Don’t try too hard when it comes to social media. Using too many hashtags, too many capital letters, a lot of emoticons, or multiple exclamation marks gives the impression that you’re trying too hard, which is off-putting for your audience. When possible, keep it simple. John Hailer’s resume online is a perfect example of using social media to your advantage without overdoing it.
6. Just because you have more followers, that doesn’t mean that you’ll necessarily get more shares. Focus on getting quality followers, not just adding as many as possible. Whatever you do, don’t purchase followers!
7. Give your Facebook posts more visibility by regularly posting about current events. Timely content shows up higher in the News Feed. Give it a bit of a boost by promoting individual posts to your audience. You can also promote posts to your audience and their connections, or to custom audiences that you create.
8. Connect with influencers. If they share your content, it’ll go far in terms of reach. Instead of simply asking for them to share your content, though, start a conversation, engage with them and form a genuine online relationship. Then, if they find your content compelling, they’ll want to share it without you even having to ask.
Try out your own tests and stay up-to-date in the industry to find out new social media methods that others are using.